Is Romania an energy efficiency country?
Energy efficiency: the cheapest, the most available and the least polluting resource.
Romania is a country that has the potential of improving the energy efficiency, from 2010 to 2020, by 16-24%. To obtain these results, a growth of the GDP (Gross Domestic Product) by 4-6% can be sustained by 2020, with no additional energy consumption.
“Europe 2020″ Strategy – 20-20-20 program
Energy efficiency is a major stake for the future of the European Union and of the world.
The objective of “20-20-20″ program is to reduce greenhouse gas emissions by 20% (equivalent CO2) compared to 1990; to reduce final energy consumption by 20% compared to 2005, to increase the share of renewable energy in the total of energy mix to minimum 20% till 2020.
Energy Efficiency Directive (2012/27/UE) supports:
– buildings’ energy refurbishment;
– promotion of energy renewable resources and efficient cogeneration;
– energy efficient public procurement;
– mandatory energy audits in large companies;
– better use of the potential of energy efficiency in generation, transport and distribution of energy;
– minimum performance requirements in production of energy;
– energy efficiency obligations for regulatory authorities.